Followers

Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day and my first Mojo Monday!...


Happy Memorial Day everyone!  I do want to say how much I appreciate all that the service men and women do around the world to keep this country safe.   They fight and keep watch so we can continue to practice the freedoms that we have enjoyed for so long.  I come from a family with several military men.  My father, two brothers, and four nephews. I have always worried about them being safe, and our family has been blessed.  I know many others have not been so blessed, and my prayers are with them today and every day.



Well, I have entered my very first challenge.  I decided to start with Mojo Monday.  I hope I did everything correct.  The sketch is below, and my design is under that.  What do you think?



I actually stamped multiple stars on the blue paper before I ran it through with my cuddlebug folder (even though I know that you can't see them).  I actually have a wizard  (and I am very happy with it).  The blue paper behind the star is vellum.  The star comes from a stampin up set.  Is there anything else you need to know?  I am still going to glaze the star before I give it away.  I think that will be a nice effect.  





The card below is a case of the yellow graduation card I did for my co-worker's daughter (you can see it under my post on April 4, 2009).  The son of a good friend of mine just earned his Master's degree from a college in Delaware.  I had to make a card quickly because of short notice of the graduation party.  That was the biggest spread of food I think I have ever seen!  Everything was very nice.  It was good to see some people I haven't seen in a while.  I see time flies whether you are having fun or not!  Anyway, I had no time for a new design, hence the change of color on the old design.  It is still slightly different.


The inside of his card...




This is a quick card I made for a co-worker, once again using a postcard reduced in size, I added a rhinestone on the bouquet wrap, and sheer ribbon....


3 comments:

  1. Wow, great cards! Love your take on the Mojo Monday sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on completing your first challenge! I'm addicted to them... and they usually serve as my inspiration launching point. I love the blue velum in the back. It's looks so shimmery!! This makes a fantastic congrats card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. u have nice creations! =) nice work!

    ReplyDelete