Followers

Monday, July 11, 2011

A Get Well Card for an AFIS Board member

My thought for today is:

The greatest revolution of our generation is the discovery that human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives. William James


Each day I pray for my child to gain an understanding of this fact...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Hellooooooo! I know
I have been away from blogging for a while. I have had some more issues with the internet. Not exactly like before, but I could not update my blog. I'm even having problems as I try make this entry, but I'm going to keep it simple and hopefully get it done.

This is a Get Well card I created based off of a design I saw on the internet. I wish I could show you the card, but I am not organized enough to label where the card came from, except that it said "by Trudy". : ( Sorry. Trudy if you should ever make you way to my blog I am not claiming this as my original design, it was totally inspired by your card!

This is what I changed. Her card was a rainbow of color (very pretty), mine all shades of blue, her sentiment was printed on a white oval matted with red. It was also a Get Well card. and she had white grosgraine ribbon tied in a knot -running up the left side side. I thought I would leave off the ribbon, as this card was intended for a male. I used a different shape for my sentiment, also matted. She used 6 strips of border, I used eight. Even though I did add the rhinestones. I thought I could get away with that. : ) I liked this design so much I replicated it in about 5 colors, all monotone that can again be completed for various occasions. I used one done in all browns for a graduation card for a basketball star. : ) I'll show you soon.








Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your visit!






4 comments:

  1. Rachel,
    It was great meeting you last night! I have become a follower of your blog. I hope you will stop by mine sometime!
    Lauren
    http://lem-photography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rae,
    Hope you are well! Well I am moving to the country in a week and am so excited, although the last 5 months have been exhausting and a bit of a nightmare. I have some great plans for my crafty future as I will now have plenty of time on my hands..but I will keep you informed:)
    I think I may even have a new and improved challenge site but that's between you and me for now xx
    Love your card by the way...your creative talents get better like aged wine ;)
    huggs
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty, Rae....love all the differnet blue shades and how cool to use all the punched scallops...I may have to case your case!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty monotone card... so effective and attractive.

    Missing you dearly,

    Monica

    ReplyDelete