Followers

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Moxie Fab Challenge: Diggin on Damask!



DIGGIN' ON DAMASK!!
Quote for today:
The joy of giving is indeed a pleasure, especially when you get
rid of something you don't want. (unknown)


I laughed at this quote because I have been trying to purge. I am one of those people that will hold onto something forever, but if I have someone to give it to, I do not hesitate to turn it over. Why is it so easy to give things to someone else, even when you don't know what they will do with it. They could donate it for their taxes, give it away, or even throw it away. Yet once I have turned it over, I feel a large sense of satisfaction.


OK. Today is another Moxie Fab challenge, and I don't know how much this will qualify, but I do LOVE damask! I have two more posts to prove it! : ) But this is my favorite, so I'm posting this one first...

This is a photo from the Moxie Fab Blog. Just because I love pink so much, I took this one to show... This is actually a quilted diaper bag by Deerpath Designs (pretty, huh?)



My cards: If you have visited me, before you may remember I love doing multiple cards. I hate making just one card at a time. : )




My supplies: Cardstock: The Paper Company- white, lime green, teal blue; Patterned paper: damask (sorry, not sure); Sentiment: Michaels wood stamp; Other stamp(s): damask by Making Memories (Ornaments); Accents: square rhinestone brads by Making Memories; Ink: Stampin Up (going gray); Marker: JoAnn's (teal blue and light green); Tool: corner rounder by Creative Memories; Label: Martha Stewart; Sticker: K & Company (butterfly); Ribbon/Fiber: large rick rack/Walmart, green felt (Bethann)



I hope to post again later tonight. (We'll see...)
I appreciate all your comments. Thanks you for stopping by. Hope you will come back again soon. Hugs!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel,

    So this is how to show case those beautiful papers! Both colors are really nice. Love the butterflies! I might have to cas this.
    Also, love your signature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rae, very nice love the style very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are both great!!! love them in different colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rae, I knew these would be nice and I was RIGHT! I like the way you used the felt green ribbon, a casual element and yet it works well with such an elegant print! Great Job! I like the shape you chose for these cards also and the color schemes are nice with the black, bold damask design! I like, I like.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Bethann
    PS. The faint damask print on the sentiment tag almost got away from me, caught it though, nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rae,

    These are so PRETTY with the different colored butterflies and ribbon! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! You have created four more gorgeous damask cards.....love the colors you used and the paper is sooo elegant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rae,
    Thanks for visiting my blog. Your creations are soooo fantastic! Lovely card! I really like your butterfly. (I'm a butterfly freak)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Rae! Thanks for linking up to the Diggin' on Damask challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you came along for the ride! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This set is gorgeous too! Love the blue and that lime green~~Yummy!

    ReplyDelete