Followers

Friday, February 25, 2011

Gift Set Ethnic Cards

Quote for today:

Judgement comes from experience.
Great judgement comes from bad experience.
Bob Packwood



I always tell my son the best way to learn is from other people's mistakes. Right now, he would rather make his own. So be it...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello All,

This is a set of cards I made for a gift. It is a very late gift, but ethnic style cards are not my forte, so it took me a while to get it together and come up with something. They are blank inside.
The object was also to keep them as flat as possible because I know she doesn't have money for extra postage. That was also a challenge. (This is actually a set of twelve)


It's Your Day...





Get Well Soon....




Thanks...



Happiness Always.....





Thinking of you....



Many Blessings...


General supplies
Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned paper: Wrapping paper/ Unknown
Sentiments: Stampin Up; Hampton Art; Multiple from Convention unmounted, Heidi Grace, Cloud9 Design
Other: Fabric/ JoAnn's Craft Store; Burlap/ Unknown
Color mediums: Ink/TPC Studio Clearly Better/Black; JoAnn's Crafts markers
Templates: Embossing folders; Spellbinders






Thanks for your visit. Hope to see you again soon! = )


6 comments:

  1. WOW - what a fabulous set - especially if ethnic is not your forte! I think you've done an amazing job! (Love the quote at the top of your blog too! So true!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel,
    The recipient must be very happy to receive these set of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, Rae!!!! All of your cards are FABULOUS!!! What fantastic designs...I just love the papers and how you used the burlap...sooo cool!!! Stamping the image on the envie is such an awesome touch...your friend is going to love these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh! Lots of fun cards and the burlap IS a really wonderful touch! So glad to be your newest follower and I welcome you to do the same over at The Open Window...getting ready for another blog candy giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rae, I love the way the fabric colors pop off the cards! I love the geometrical layouts and I think you, as usual, did a fabulous job with these! Wonderful and I know she'll love them!
    Love and Hugs,
    Bethann

    ReplyDelete