Followers

Sunday, February 13, 2011

For a Baby Shower


Words of Wisdom for Women (365 days): Todays word is:

LAUGH

LAUGH when it all becomes so ludicrous there's nothing else to do. Laugh big, deep laughs that open up your throat and your lungs and your belly. LAUGH alone, laugh in concert with other laughers. At the movies- laugh when no one else laughs-and let them wonder what they've missed. LAUGH at your own mistakes, your own foibles, your own foolishness. LAUGH in the face of fear. Laugh until you cry, laugh until you have a stomachache. Let laughter be your medicine, your companion, your music of joy from within. LAUGH in school or at work or in church. Get up and leave the room if you must. LAUGH in public. Bend over laughing, fall down laughing, roll on the floor laughing. Start an entire room laughing, start the whole world laughing. And don't stop until you have the last laugh. She who laughs, lives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I really like this book because even though I may not agree with everything she writes beneath every word-100%, I agree with most of it. As for today's word "LAUGH", I love to laugh. I live to laugh, and I laugh to live. Laughter helps me through so many situations it's ridiculous. My recommendation? Surround yourself with other folks who love to laugh. You'll live longer! = )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



My son was invited to a baby shower by his barber (He is 25). He has been cutting his hair since he was very young, and they have developed a good relationship (I guess he is like a big brother to him since my son is an only child). Somehow I ended up paying for most of the gift, although I wasn't invited to the shower. : / But I was determined not to take over. I took him to the store and trotted him around the entire store showing him all of the things that are necessary once a baby comes into the world, plus the cost of each item! The young mother had a 23 page gift registry. lol Hopefully he was listening and paying attention...only God knows for sure...


Here is the card I made for him to take to the shower...


the inside...
The details...cardstock: The Paper Company(white textured), Bazzell basics (mauve/pink)
specialty/patterned paper: Martha Stewart (flocked dots)
sentiments: stickers/Bo Bunny Press, Rub on/Royal & Langnickel
Accents: heart shaped rhinestones by Best Occasions/Walmart, Bear/JoLee's
Ribbon: AC Moore
Tools: Spellbinders dies, border punch/EK Success


Thanks for visiting...hope to see you again soon!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel,

    I like the inside sentiment.

    23 pages of baby shower register! My babies used all handed me down stuffs and they still look cute and handsome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, This card is very cute! Love the touch of vintage with the ecru lace! I really love the sentiment on the inside of the card, very nice! Here again, I'm partial to pink for whatever reason but, I'm not that big on polka-dots. I never have been, don't know why Rae. I think the dots are fine though for this card. I'm probably a bit O.C.D where dots are concerned Lol! Perhaps if they were all the same color or something! I don't know. Overall, I love the card! The layout is great, and the teddy bear is so very cute (wish I had some), where'd you get it? I like the different words on the front of the card and here again, the inside is so finished off that it could be the front. Great Job! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete