Followers

Thursday, September 2, 2010

The End of Summer Vacation 2010

My quote for today is:
Nine tenths of wisdom is being wise in time.
Theodore Roosevelt



(That kinda reminds me of "Hindsight is 20/20"...same difference)


Hello all, this is my last photo posting with no cards. I hope to have at least one to show soon. But I really haven't been making any because I have had so many other more important "distractions." I am almost finished with my "move" and am contemplating posting a few shots of the new craft "digs"...hummmm, we'll see...

I'm starting off with a few really bad photos, but I just had to show them. Cheeburger, Cheeburger is a hamburger place in Maryland, where we went to celebrate my niece's birthday with her and some family. It was a lot of fun. While we were there, her husband ordered a full one pound burger. If you complete the whole thing, you get your picture on the wall in the restaurant. I tried to show the "before" and "after" shots of the burger... ;)







Do you see the size of the burger in comparison to that fork?


Abracadabra, presto chango........
It is gone!...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a shot of one the Wyndham Resorts located in Williamsburg, Virginia.
Pretty place, but I will not book here again. Furniture was the MOST uncomfortable
I have ever slept or sat on! I just came back from Portland, and sleeping
in a most comfortable bed at a Marriott Hotel. If you ask me, these places charge
too much money to have uncomfortable furniture!


The front entrance. Pretty, right?



Then I took a short drive over to the Pottery. If you have never been, it is a collection of warehouse sized rooms filled with all kinds of "stuff." Hugh garden pieces, crafts, bedding, kitchen stuff. I kinda went "for old times sake..." There are better places to shop. But if you want to walk several miles while looking, this is the place to do it...




My sisters and I stopped in at this store,... and why was I buying Christmas ornaments for everyone on my "list?" I'm not even buying Christmas gifts any more... lol...



This has got to be the biggest and the best Yankee Candle store ever!
I shot as much of the front as I could from where I was standing, but it isn't the whole length!
It was like a Yankee Candle mall...
It was so great hanging out with 2 of my sisters, we had the best time!



The "mall" inside...We actually "dipped some our own candles
(I forgot to show them). I enjoyed it.



Some "Yankee Candle" Christmas... Did you know it actually snows
inside the Christmas shop in there? So awesome!...
You know I tried to take a photo, but it was too dark!





This looked like a set-up in "The Pottery Barn", also inside the Yankee Candle store-
I just had to shoot it! :)
Doesn't it look lovely?...


Well, that's it for my vacation! I had a wonderful time that was made richer by spending the time with my family! The only thing that was missing was Miles!
Hopefully he had a good time in California...

Thanks for stopping by...Please come back and visit me again! HUGS!


2 comments:

  1. Christmas decoration already! whatever happen to Halloween and Thanksgiving?

    You've been to some interesting places. I'm waiting for some cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS photos of your trip to Williamsburg, Rae! We were in Richmond VA for a week in July ~ all I got to see was Forts and Battlegrounds, though (THAT's my DH's idea of a great time-LOL). We just got back from 16 days in PA (Willow Grove), NJ,CT,MA,NH & ME to visit family & friends and a few National Parks, Museums and Historic Battle grounds, of course :o)

    ReplyDelete