Followers

Sunday, January 16, 2011

It's January already!

Hello. It's 2011, and so far my crafting year isn't going any better than this past one. : /
I do not seem to be able to make the time to work on the 100's (yes, 100's) of projects I have waiting in the ready...But yes, of course...it IS early in the year. Thanks goodness for some small miracles. = ] I MUST do better! ; )

Today will be a very short post. I am showing you a birthday card I recently crafted for my dear sister. As always, I think most of our cards look so much better in person. Imagine how great those cards look in hand-that you still think look great in these (sometimes) "sorry" photos?...


Live and learn and Pass it on...(for today)...

I've learned that it doesn't do any good to buy expensive tools,
if I can never find them. Age 41

I recently had an issue trying to locate a "not so expensive, but still do not want to replace it" tool. I still haven't found it, so I guess that lets you know that my craft room organization is a VERY slow process. And every once in a while in between that process, I try to make a card or two. I did a "work around" to complete my project, but I must find it! And it isn't a small tool either. Have any of you ever had this happen to you? Tell me I am not alone!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, here's my card...
This design is that of an easel card. I oogled several on SplitCoastStampers for a good long time- when they first started making them, and finally went to a Stamp Camp and learned how to make my own. I am happy with these results...



General supplies: Cardstock: The Paper company; Specialty paper: DCWV (the metallic stack); Embellishments/Stickers: rhinestones/Best Occasions-Walmart, Stickers: K & Company; Stamps: Stampin Up sets; Tools: Border punch/EK Success;



Thanks so very much for dropping by! Hope to see you again soon...






1 comment:

  1. Rachel, Rachel, Rachel, this card is "THE BOMB"! Thanks sooooo very much! Truly a very special card for a very special person LOL! Kidding of course. This card wows me and you were holding out on me with this one...I know why now. It is truly my most special card yet! I love the style and the color combo used!
    Love and Hugs,
    Bethann

    ReplyDelete