Followers

Friday, March 19, 2010

A Super Busy Saturday...




The play "Respect" and Spring Stamp Camp!

Quote for today:
The purpose of life is to not get rid of the butterflies in your stomach,
but to make them fly in formation (David Fly)

Hello! I have a brief post today. Two weeks ago I had a busy and enjoyable Saturday. In the morning I drove to Maryland for a Stamp Camp. It is hosted by 5 Stampin' Up ladies. One of the best parts for me is getting to look over the retired stamp sets.

After that, I drove into downtown Philadelphia to the Society Hill Playhouse to see the musical play "Respect". It is a womens journey told through music. It was so great! I would highly recommend it to anyone who might be interested to see it. Well worth the time.




This is the cast we had. Each lady was great! They seemed to each represent a different era in the music. It was well put together!




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These are some sample cards from stamp camp that were made by the Stampin' Up ladies...






Some of these cards are really cute, aren't they?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


These are the projects we made.

(1) Bird house
I must admit I was much less than enthused with this project. I really have no use for it.
It was my least favorite project at stamp camp.



(2)Butterfly card
I thought this card was cute. Funny thing though, there wasn't any stamping involved. :)
I didn't mind, but I do need to improve in that area. : ) Really cute, tho' isn't it?




(3) Easel Card
I have been gawking at these cards on SCS, and I finally got to make my own, and it wasn't hard at all. I really like this one. The one they made at Stamp Camp they put beads on the top of the cupcake, but I skipped that step. I didn't like the color beads they had.





(4) Flower Card
I liked this one, too. The Stamp Camp card had glitter on a glue dot for the center. I did not like that either, so I brought it home and used a rhinestone center.




(5) Easter card
I thought this chocolate bunny was the cutest thing hopping! Both bunnies are embossed. I also changed this one slightly. The Stamp Camp card had the paper Easter grass laying horizontally behind the bunny. It was kinda cute, but I came home and used my Sizzix to cut some grass, and then glittered it. I like how it turned out.



All in all I was very satisfied. It was a really good day!

Thanks for stopping by today. I will be working on another post for tomorrow with some misc. cards. I also want to get in on a couple challenges before they expire.
See you then...
Rae

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rachel,

    Love how you had the bunny behind the grass. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete