Followers

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Misc Cards...

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. So many of us have so much to be thankful for. I know for us, it is almost too many blessings to name. Of course there always seems to be something you can complain about, but we are truly, truly blessed.


This is a Christmas card I made for a co-worker to give to his wife. He is a very talented and award winning photographer. Acadia Photography, David M. Sacerdote, 215-281-3951 . His website is: www.acadiaphotography.com The photo is one he actually gave to me (one of many), he didn't know I would be using it for the card. He is so generous with his pictures. I am going to make a set of notecards for him to give his wife for Christmas, also using his photos. I plan to embellish them with some dimensionals, but keep them simple. Hope to post that soon.

Supplies:paper/ Cardstock by The Paper Company ( JoAnn's has buy one get one this weekend-100 sheets for $4); corner punch, cuttlebug snowflake folder; rubber stamp- Stampin Up; additional snowflakes by Marcella (K & Company), "Love w/ Christmas tree" photo- BY DAVE SACERDOTE; markers, glitter glue and regular glitter.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This card is a case of a card I made for a Thank you in an earlier blog. I changed a few things. The ribbon is wider, I added a bow and pearls, and a different computer generated sentiment.
But I kept the paper the same (it's DCWV flocked). I really like this paper. The paper on the inside of the card has a fingerprint running across it- as it is a retirement card for a woman retiring from California Dept of Justice. She has been a member of the Automated Fingerprint Identification System users group for many years. I still wanted to keep it simple. Thinking in this case, (hoping) "less is more".


1 comment:

  1. Hi Rachel,
    Love your cards! I can see you used the specialty papers. It's absolutely gorgeous! I am staring at the dies. The sentiment on the dies is it stamp or computer print out?

    ReplyDelete