Followers

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Tuesday Trigger and Spring Challenges!

Quote for today:

Helping others harvest their triumphs brings more success
than insisting everything be done your way.
Paula L. Chronister


I try...I do try.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am also linking to:


Good morning! Well, what can I say...I just LOVE the Tuesday Trigger over at Movie Fab. And it's Saturday, and I have loads of stuff to do, but I just had to finish my trigger card...Hope you like it! I made it for two very special friends!


Here's the trigger...



Here's my take...
I decided to paper piece my boots. I always wanted to try that, and it was so cool. I actually used a shiny white paper for the bottom of the boots. I know it doesn't look like it, though.
I think before I mail it I will add some liquid glass to them to make them really shiny. : )
I bought both of these stamp sets at a convention long ago and always wanted to use them, but just never did. So I'm grateful for this trigger. Because it triggered my memory of those boots! lol Also, I was gonna color the soles darker, but I did not want the eye to be drawn to the bottom of the boots immediately, I want you to take in the whole picture. : )




Details coming soon. : )


I gotta get outta here, it's time for me to pick up my son! : )
Thanks for checking me out. Hope to see you again soon.

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful card as always Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo pretty, Rae! Love the boots and your paper piecing is perfect.
    PS: I didn't notice the boots in the trigger until I saw your card :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card - great composition and those boots are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tidbit of lace, and those boots are darling! They were one of my favourite elements in the picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, thanks so much for stoppin' by my blog...LOVE your take on the Tuesday Trigger...soooooo FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rae,
    A very pretty Spring card. I love the paper pieced boots1 Thanks for joining us at PTW this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rae

    Wow, what beautiful, bright card. I love the layout. All the elements work so perfectly together.

    Thank you for linking up to Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card! It is so simple but packs a punch! So glad you remembered the boots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Rae! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a bright and cheerful card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super Card, Thank you for joining us at Little Claires. Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your take on the trigger! I also love the crochet trim! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rae, your card looks wonderful! Great take on the inspiration photo.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rae, adore what you created. Beautiful.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable card. Love the crochet trim. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm soooo mad at all the details and work in this one Rae! OMG! You've been holding out on me! Shame on you!!! This card is Great! Had to enlarge to see just what you did on this one!
    Love and Hugs,
    Bethann

    ReplyDelete
  17. You clever girl...you even added the boots!!!! I LOOOVE your take on the triger, Rae...this is beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rae, I love how you bundled those flowers in the little window! So creative! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow...talk about nailing a challenge! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete